Rental Fees Include:
Exclusive use of the first floor of the Sanborn House and grounds
Access to catering kitchen, refrigerator and freezer space
Two historic bathrooms and one handicap accessible bathroom
Use of 6 banquet tables, 4 card tables and 50 wooden chairs
One hour of on-site planning time
Coordination of rental deliveries
House manager for duration of event
*Please note that video equipment, projectors, screens, etc. are not available for rental use
Rental Charges and Fees (Effective January 30, 2017):
September – June:
Weekday, Monday – Thursday: $1,000
Weekend, Friday – Sunday: $1,500
July – August:
Weekday and Weekend: $750
Weekday Only: $500
Administrative Fee Charged for All Rentals: 20% of total rental charges
A $250 non-refundable deposit is required for all rentals.
Town and Nonprofit organizations may qualify for a discount.
Rules and Regulations:
- No tape, nails, glue, pins or paint of any type may be used for decorating or any other purpose in the facility.
- This is a “no smoking” facility. No smoking is allowed on the premises.
- Only the furniture available for rental use may be moved. No furniture, artwork, fixtures, or equipment is to be removed from the walls or the building.
- The fireplaces and candles of any kind may not be used.
- Children under 18 must be supervised at all times.
- Events are limited to the first floor; no guests are allowed on the upper floors.
- As a town-owned building, events at Sanborn House must end by 11:00 PM on Fridays and Saturdays and by 10:00 PM Sundays through Thursdays.
- Plans to serve alcoholic beverages must be approved by the Site Manager and are subject to local laws and regulations.
- Professional caterers and bar servers are required to obtain permits from the Town.
Set up and Clean Up:
- Access to the Sanborn House for the purposes of event set up will only be granted during the rental period.
- Employees of the Sanborn House are not responsible for the placement of any rented furniture or equipment.
- Rental spaces are to be left as found. Floors should be broom clean, and kitchen surfaces and sinks wiped down. All trash, food and recyclables are to be removed from premises.
- Rented furniture and equipment is to be returned to the kitchen area for pickup during normal House hours.
The Sanborn House reserves the right to change any regulation at any time and without notice in order to preserve the health and safety of its occupants.